Sunday, 24 August 2008

Birthday Card

here is hubbys card i made for his birthday last week. used a dottie image. made a 'hole' then inside the card i added a 'record' behind the hole, which i had run through the bug with the happy birthday folder.
added a strip of acetate to the back of the dancers so they hang forwards and jiggle when you knock them.
when the card was stood on the mantle the heat from the fire made them dance.
hubby likes to rock & roll with his sisters at family parties but i cant get the hang of it lol.
he even had some boppers when i met him and sadly had to recently throw away his last pair as they had seen better days. said he wouldnt be buying anymore though as he is a bit too old for them now lol.

when the card is stood up the 'record' falls back and the 'its your day' & age stands out better. i did consider making an outline for the words but i didnt want those to be the first thing which drew the eye, that was for the dancers.







here you can see the appature (sp?)for the 'record' to show through and me and hubby dancing :)














this one shows the acetate a bit better and how far forward it hangs

25 comments:

Nicky said...

This is a lovely idea, Ihave always liked rock and roll, I love the way the dancers move, Great card love it

Sue from Oregon said...

oh my gosh...how cute is this...I will have to add that to my blog faves!

Louly said...

This is absolutely amazing!I lovee how you'vee made the boppers bob! So so clever,I bet all your family loved it.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

cute idea.
love it
claudia

mueppi said...

Your idea is great!
I love it!

tracie said...

oh wow brilliant card, I love it. The image is so cute and love the design - fabulous :)x

Becky said...

What a fab idea Ev! I'm sure he will love it to pieces!!
Love Becky xx

nic_d said...

How clever!

Joey said...

oooooh I love your creations! Looking forward to getting to know you better through the sbs23 group!.x

Kristin said...

Hi Ev! I am amazed at not only the volume of what you produce - but how each and every thing is so beautiful!! I wanted to be able to share your blog with my friends - so I nominated you for an award:) I'll be back soon to see what's new! K

*Sally* said...

This is great! I have made one similar in the past, its one of my favourite early cards!

Hope all is well and just to let you know that I now have blog candy up for grabs! If you fancy having a go!

Sally x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, I love that the boppers bop lol! Very clever!

Debbie said...

What a brilliant card! I'm sure your hubby will love it.

Dawn said...

Great card and great idea

Joy said...

What a fantastic card Ev xx

Cathy said...

Wow Ev, a fab card. Love all the details.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Juliet said...

Wonderful card - love how you have used the acetate to make D&G dance!
Juliet xx

Sue Shaw said...

Brilliant card - well done!
Hope you are well.
Sue. x

April Hall said...

Oh wow, what a neat card!

Sammi said...

Wowsers!! This is great!! What a fantastic idea!! :) It looks AWESOME!! :)
Sammi
xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow an amazing card it must have taken you ages but worth every moment, astounding work. Have enjoyed having a look round your blog you have some lovely work on here, well done.

Jo Nevill said...

Fantastic, what fab ideas you have.

Jo x

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Ev

What a cool card. I love it.

Anne-Marie

ella bella said...

wow this is great what a fab idea love it
Tracy x

Louise F NZ said...

Fabulous idea, and awesome card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails